Location Cats is a leading Western Canadian Civil Contractor specializing in earthwork projects, throughout Western Canada. Location Cats is a progressive company that supports all individuals in both professional and personal development. We are currently recruiting Health & Safety Advisors to join our team for projects in the Fort McMurray region.
Location Cats is a proud supporter of the below programs, and strives to provide equal opportunities for all individuals in the construction and related industries:
- Trade Winds to Success
- Helmet to Hardhats
- Women Building Futures
Health & Safety Advisor is a position within our organization responsible for ensuring company management and workers comply with OH&S Legislation, our Health and Safety Management System, and client safety guidelines. This position requires strong leadership and communication skills to deal with our workforce, management, clients, and the public effectively and constructively.
- National Construction Safety Officer designation is a minimum requirement.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience in the construction safety field.
- Knowledge of OH&S legislation and best practices.
- Knowledge of Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) legislation and reporting requirements.
- Intermediate computer skills, use of excel, word, outlook, PDF reader, etc.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with an ability to positively engage the public.
- Committed to safety as a value and provide commitment and leadership to employees to achieve an incident and injury-free workplace.
- Report to Corporate management and communicate with them with respect to significant EH&S issues and concerns.
- Maintain a positive team approach with supervision.
- Provides support, leadership, and the resources required to assist the management team in implementing and administering the E.H.&S. Program.
- Ensures all supervisory staff understands our E.H.&S. Program as well as relevant government regulations.
- Deliver the New-Hire Orientation and assist employees in the completion of payroll documentation.
- Participate in inspections, observations, and the development of safe work plans and procedures.
- Meet corporate and client incident reporting standards and participate in incident investigations.
- Monitor the Modified Work Program and WSIB Claim Management.
- Assist in Emergency Response planning and communication of protocols.
- Work with Management to implement systems to build effective two-way communication of the EH&S Program through meetings and reporting systems.
- Monitor continual safety promotion and safety training programs for supervision and employees.
- Analyze statistical data and inspections to identify opportunities for improvement and assist in the coordination of corrective action planning.
- Interact with the public to ensure positive relationships in the community.’
- Shift work
- Out of town, camp accommodation provided
- Competitive wages and benefits.
We thank all candidates for applying, but only those that are being considered for these positions will be contacted.